POSITION SUMMARY: As an integral part of Child & Family’s Executive Leadership Team, and with direction from the President /CEO this position will identify, plans and manages Child & Family’s development initiatives and executes comprehensive development plans and programs, both short and long term, to support fundraising objectives of the organization. In addition the he/she will provide leadership, supervision and coordination of staff and volunteers in order to raise funds and increase public aware of Child & Family’s mission and impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development and operation of comprehensive fund-raising and public relations programs to which results in additional dollars raised philanthropically.
- Provide leadership and direction to fund raising, special event and marketing staff and consultants into order to formulate strategies, policies and procedures related to these areas.
- Works with members of the Agency community to promote involvement in Institutional Advancement programs and encourage the identification and development of opportunities that support and strengthen the Agency.
- Work to stimulate interest, create involvement, and build relationships with corporate foundations and community leaders.
- Oversees and facilitates agency wide efforts in pursuing grants. This includes grants exploration, development, written submission and reporting.
- Develop and promote major gift programs to include planned and deferred giving; oversee all giving programs; approve proposals for support, and authorize institutional advancement information and support materials.
- Review, revise and submit annual budgets for the Institutional Advancement Office.Works closely with the VP of Finance to insure that monthly financial reports relating to fund development is accurate. Periodically engages the Board and CEO in more detailed analysis of fund raising and special events performance.
- Represent the Agency as directed by the President & CEO.
- Work closely with other senior administrators to ensure the consistent, effective management and development of the Agency, and serve on appropriate Agency committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Bachelors degree required .Masters degree preferred
- 3+ years of directly relevant experience in Development and/or Marketing field.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and proven ability to supervise the work of others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an orientation toward providing factbased
- highly persuasive, actionable recommendations.
- Proficient in one or more Development Software products, i.e. Raiser’s Edge, Sage, Bloomerang
- Proficient in one or more Design Software products, i.e. Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign,Photoshop),
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Superior organizational, recordkeeping and research skills; attention to details.
- Ability to self-manages workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
The competitive benefits program offered by Child & Family includes, but is not limited to:
Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
Life and long-term disability insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Worksite wellness programs
Generous paid leave
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
Child & Family will not discriminate against any individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color, race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes representation of qualified affirmative action group members in proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in the community that we serve.